One of CMW’s specialist services is providing temporary and permanent geotechnical analysis and design services to meet our Clients’ project needs.
Effective and efficient geotechnical analysis and design capability is built on the back of expertise that can only be gained through experience. We have specifically built an advanced team incorporating 5 geotechnical analysis and design specialists who each have at least 15 years of relevant experience.
Our experience enables us to quickly and effectively identify the most appropriate geotechnical design solutions for any project, which are then efficiently developed to conceptual or construction design phase as required.
We also have finite element modeling capability for complex soil structure interaction cases.
CMW Geosciences Pty Ltd adopts a hands-on approach to help Clients solve challenges and manage risk in, on and under the ground.
A snapshot of typical projects that we have been involved with either during tender design or full construction phases are as follows:
- Perth Waterfront – providing geotechnical tender support for earthworks, reclamation, pile foundations and retention;
- Port Hedland Car Dumpers – geotechnical design of 25m deep anchored sheet pile retaining walls for 3 iron ore car dumper sites;
- Perth Gateway Project – geological modeling and geotechnical verification design for bridge foundations, abutments and earthworks;
- Perth City Link Rail Alliance – independent expert opinion and construction support for grouting works;
- Old Treasury Building Tower – design of basement perimeter retention systems and deep foundations for a 33 level tower surrounded by sensitive heritage buildings;
- Perth Stadium – tender design for ground improvement works over deep compressible alluvial soil deposits;
- Kings Square – Retaining wall and foundation designs and testing for packages KS1, KS2 KS4;
Fields of Expertise
Our specific areas of expertise in which we have gained extensive experience and track record, are briefly outlined below:
- Finite Element Analysis
Soil structure interaction and ground deformation problems. Commonly used for complex foundation design and deep excavations.
- Rock and Soil Slope Stability
Large scale geomorphic assessments, numerical soil slope stability analyses, rock slope design.
- Soft Ground Engineering
Ground improvement design to mitigate settlement, including surcharging, wick drains, stone columns, jet grout, piled rafts, deep soil mixing, vibro-compact.
- Deep Pile Foundations
Design development, selection, testing, analysis and construction monitoring for wide range of pile types.
- Earth Retention
Design of temporary and permanent ground retention systems, ground anchors and soil nails for specialist geotechnical contractors and asset owners.
- Expert Witness
Engaged by lawyers, contractors and asset owners to provide independent expert witness services.
CMW also provides services in Design, Pile Testing, and Earthwork Monitoring